Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!



A few weeks ago we rode bikes to the park by our home, and our boys loved seeing and feeding the new ducklings. Daniel asked me if he could name them. With all of the authority that comes with being a mom I told him that he could. So he decided their names were Shadrach, Meshach and Adednego. I couldn't help but smile. Those are the best duckling names I've ever heard of. Apparently, something sinks in even when we don't realize it.



Daniel is full of all kinds of wisdom. One morning I heard him talking to Caleb saying, "I will teach you all about tomatoes". I couldn't understand the sudden interest. Daniel doesn't even like tomatoes. So I asked him what he would teach Caleb about them. His response was, "Tomatoes can pick up your house and cows and make them go round and round." Apparently, the TV show Nathan had on for about 2 minutes the night before had left an impression. Toto I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!

5 comments:

Petersen Party of 7 said...

Out of the mouths of babes...it's so cute (and entertaining)!

Andrea G. said...

(throat clearing) Look! I'm Commenting!! ha,ha. I love the names Daniel chose. How on earth did he learn all that stuff (it couldn't have been at home!). Just kidding. You are great parents. Love you!

Kimberly said...

Your boys are so cute! And I can't believe how many teeth Caleb has! I'd love to add your blog link to the RS blog, leave a comment on there letting me know if that's okay. Or e-mail me.

Felicia said...

How cute! My 3 year old nephew did something similar. He got down off of one of Grandpa's landscaping rocks last week and announced, "I've got the commandments". Then he showed everyone which bush was burning :o)

Meteor magnets said...

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe your boys are so big now! It's been while since we've talked. Sorry about that. Manoah has had ALOT of health issues & were not even close to getting a break from it all either. But I wanted to let you know that I still think of you often & miss you so much! Hope you all are doing Great & are happy & Healthy! Talk to you soon! ~Robin