Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet Dreams Caleb


Although Caleb is not yet 2, there are quite a few things that he can say quite clearly. He's become a great mimic. I like to send him to get his brothers and Nathan for dinner. (Most of the time he delivers the message correctly.) It is really fun to hear him say words on his own that we didn't realize he knows. I am especially proud of his clear enunciation of the word 'chocolate'. This might not be on every child's list of first words, but he is, afterall, my son. I guess the joke's on me though...a few times this week, in the middle of the night, I've been awakened by Caleb yelling for me. As soon as I come into his room to check on him he says, "Chocolate?" I know he is asking for chocolate milk or hot chocolate, which we often have with our breakfast, but how do I explain to this little guy that chocolate is off limits until the sun comes up? --No, I didn't give in to him. Actually, I just put him back in bed and told him to sleep. I think he must be dreaming about chocolate! At least he wasn't having a nightmare! Gives an entirely new meaning to the phrase 'Sweet Dreams!'
A few weeks ago, I walked in during Caleb's nap and found him just like this. He must have thrown his blanket out of the pack 'n play and pulled Tow Mater up to snuggle with instead. Silly boy.

3 comments:

joylyn said...

That picture of Caleb with Mater on his back is so stinkin' cute!

erin said...

That's a great pic!!!! And ohhhh, chocolate!!! If I could redo my first word, that would've been it!!!

Kim said...

That is such a funny story. Sweet dreams indeed! Cute pictures.