Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daniel Crack-Ups

As the boys ate breakfast we read about the second coming. Daniel and Liam kept telling me how they wished they could see Jesus right now. I explained that we didn't know exactly when he'd come again, but if we do what's right we'll be ready to see him when he comes. Daniel got all worried and said, "Mom, what if he comes while I'm at school?" He was really worried about missing him. So sweet. I told him that when all the stars fall out of the sky, the sun is darkened and the moon doesn't shine, he has my permission to stay home from school. There's the ultimate excuse for missing school!

On a much lighter note--afterall, boys will be boys...

After Tee-ball on Saturday we were going to take the boys to our friends' house (they have three little girls). As Daniel was getting out of the car he asks, "Can I show Elaina my cup?" No, he wasn't referring to a trophy or a drinking cup. Daniel is a little fascinated by his new athletic cup. I guess it makes sense. Whenever the boys get something new, they want to show their friends--so why not his new athletic cup???? Nathan and I tried not to let him see us laughing over his head as we explained that it is part of his underwear, and we don't show girls our underwear. What a crack-up. Just needed to record this so we can embarass him with it when he needs to not take himself too seriously as he gets older.

No comments: