Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daniel's 1st Day of 1st Grade!

August 9, 2010 Daniel began 1st grade. Where did the summer go?






















On Saturday Nathan told me he'd taken the day off for Monday. I asked him why and he just said he wanted to be there to walk Daniel to school for his first day. What a great Daddy. Love ya, Nathan!





















At first Daniel seemed a little shy going back, but when it came time to take him into the class he spun around and said, "Bye Dad!" Then he waved us off.

Daniel is starting the Spanish program in his school this year. We are excited for him, but it also means that he will have to make lots of new friends in his new class. There were only 4 from his last year's class accepted into the program. I know he'll do great (despite my inability to speak Spanish--thankfully, Nathan can help both of us).

I don't know about Daniel, but Liam, Caleb and I are not used to the long school day. I keep checking the clock. His brothers ask me over and over when we can go get him. He is so loved. I'm sure it will help when Liam starts preschool in another week. Of course Caleb will be very upset by that! Back to routines.


What cute boys. Liam is wearing his new "school" shirt. He loves the brown and yellow combination--like his old "I make dirt look good--John Deere shirt." He thinks he is twins with Nathan because he also has a yellow and brown shirt. Liam doesn't like Daniel's hand-me-down polos. (They are so cute, but Liam is a t-shirt only kid.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

So fun! We start school in 2 days. My girls are excited but nervous to start in a new school.