Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cute Caleb

When Grandma Bohman was out here visiting, Caleb loved playing lightsabers with her. He would hand her a lightsaber or Star Wars gun and say, "Come on, follow me". Then he would lead the way outside or to his room, where he thought it was a good place for an attack. He never got tired of it. Grandma was a very good sport. In his prayers one night Caleb blessed, "Grandma Ahsoka". We had to explain that Ahsoka is Caleb's favorite Star Wars character (The padowan learner of Anakin in the Clone Wars). Really it was a compliment coming from Caleb. She may be Grandma Growley Bear to my other boys, but she is Grandma Ahsoka to Caleb.

One night I cut up fresh pineapple to eat with our dinner. While his brothers were still outside playing, Caleb retrieved a straw from the drawer and went around to each serving of pineapple and sucked up all of the yummy pineapple juice. The boy has good taste. It made me laugh.

Sometimes I'm surprised by what our kids actually notice. A friend of mine (Laura) knew I was having a hard week, so she sent her oldest daughter over to babysit the boys and took me with her to get a pedicure. Actually, I'd never had one before, and it was really relaxing. Then in Caleb's prayers that night, when he blessed everyone in the family, he got to me and said, "bless Mommy pretty toes". He sure knows how to butter me up. The last time (years ago) I even tried painting my own toe nails, Daniel came to me asked why I had paint all over my toes? Apparently he didn't share Caleb's opinion that it was pretty.

2 comments:

Kim said...

cute indeed!

Kristina said...

That is so cute. Michelle, the music on your blog is so...emotional? heart-warming? Dangit, I can't think of the word I want! But it always makes me want to cry!

POIGNANT! I had to look it up, but that's it! Your music is poignant! :)