Sunday, May 26, 2013

General Conference

Isn't it wonderful to stay at home with family--often in your PJs, and listen to wonderful gospel messages?!  I love General Conference weekend.  It is our tradition to make homemade cinnamon rolls that we enjoy while we watch.  Yummy.  Hopefully, the sweet rolls help our boys see conference as a sweet experience. 

One speaker mentioned that we new have an MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Mexico City.  Liam looked confused, "How did that happen?"  I was surprised at the interest.  Liam clarified, "How did it get empty?"  I had to laugh.  Liam had heard, Mexico City has an "empty sea".  I explained MTC, but I was happy that he listened closely enough to ask the question.
 
Daniel went to the priesthood session with Nathan last night.  He is only 8 so maybe it was a little early, but Nathan invited him and he wanted to go.  He came home and told me that our prophet Thomas S. Monson told us to pray and read our scriptures diligently.  Daniel came home with red cheeks.  I asked him if it was hot.  He said everyone was sweaty.  Then he proceeded to peel off his Sunday clothes and tie--underneath he was still wearing his play clothes.  He told me he didn't want to have to change again when he got home.  I love the way my boys' minds work.  How funny. 

Yesterday President Eyring quoted the scripture, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you, seek ye diligently and ye shall find me.  Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you."  Caleb memorized that scripture for primary and he was so excited to hear it. 

As for me, I loved Elder Holland's talk.  He is such an amazing speaker.  What a great weekend.

No comments: