Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Michelle!

Check out that girl! She's 31 years young today!!! This is Andrea, Michelle's little sister. I've been helping Michelle start her blog (and so I have complete access!). I wanted to give her a little birthday greeting on the blog.

Happy Birthday, Michelle. I love you so much! There's so much to celebrate, and I know I won't do an adequate job, but I wanted to give it a shot. You have always been a wonderful older sister and example to me. Always the peacemaker and one to make everyone happy. You are beautiful and sweet--compassionate to all around you. You give so much and ask nothing in return. I know of few so talented and so humble. You are an incredible daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend. I love spending time with you doing anything... walks, talking on the phone, scrapbooking, watching movies, making dinner together, plotting how to get you back to Utah--you name it!
I remember my first time at Young Women's camp as a little beehive. During testimony meeting I had the strongest desire to bear my testimony but was terrified... until I saw my sister (yes, I'm talking about you, Michelle) stand up and share her testimony. It gave me the strength that I needed. That is not the first time you have been there for me and given me strength. The past 5 years as Paul and I went through the emotional trauma of infertility and then an extremely challenging adoption process, you were there as a sister and friend who understood the heart ache and lended a listening ear as I cried. Now, I get to learn great things from you like, "It's been a long phase" and other wonderful bits of parenting advice :).
You are stunningly beautiful, creative and crafty, a great teacher, stand up comedian, a patient therapist, talented musician (lucky Primary to have you as thier Chorister), wonderful decorator (who seeks advice from the best of the best. Ha, ha), etc. Pretty much, you're just Amazing. Thank you so much for being you. I'm so glad I have you to turn to... and I'm sure I'm one of many who feel the same way. I have always wanted to be like you. Love you, Sis! Hope your Birthday was Grand!!


--Andrea

No comments: