Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lights! Camera!....Santa!





This weekend Nathan got all of the outside Christmas lights up and going. I love it! Lights around the fence, in the tree, around the house, and candy cane lights lining the path. The boys were so excited to see them.
We also attempted to take some pictures of the boys in the neighbors' leaves. I got some great pictures last year, so I had high hopes, but it was easier when Caleb was immobile. It didn't help that he's teething and has a cold either. Oh well. Not perfect but we tried.
Then we went to the park by our house for the annual Santa Train. The boys love riding the train and meeting Santa is a thrill. Caleb didn't even cry--the candy cane from Santa helped. It was chilly so the cookies and hot cocoa tasted even better.

That night we went to the ward Christmas party. It was a nice dinner and once again the boys got to spend a little more time with Santa! This time Caleb screamed. I think everyone needs a screaming picture with Santa. They really just make me laugh. Unfortunately the angle was bad and Nathan couldn't see much of his face--but I think his body language is pretty clear. I guess they cry until they realize that Santa brings presents. The other day I reminded Daniel that Santa was watching to get him to correct his behavior. He thought for a moment and said he wished that Santa couldn't see in every window all of the time. (It is tough to be good all the time!)

On Sunday we made our very own Santa gingerbread train. Which means that the kids ODed on candy that was intended as decoration--but it's tradition.

1 comment:

joylyn said...

I think the pictures of your boys turned out really well. They are so handsome! I love reading about your holiday traditions- sounds super fun.