Thursday, June 24, 2010

Daddy, A Cut Above the Rest




We had so much fun with Nathan the week of Father's Day. When I told Daniel that it would soon be Father's Day he asked, "When is it kids' day?" But really the boys were excited. The boys planned special gifts for Nathan. Daniel and Liam collect rocks everywhere we go, so they picked out the perfect rocks from their collection and painted them (to decorate Daddy's office). They also built and painted picture frames at the Lowe's kids workshop. We tried to take pictures in the trees up at the temple, but didn't have enough time, between swimming lessons, for me to be satisfied. (I'll have to replace them soon.)
That Friday the boys and I rode the light rail downtown to meet Nathan for lunch. When we got to Nathan's work we stopped to chat with a few friends before we made it to Nathan's office. A minute or two later Nathan walked out. The boys saw him in the hallway and yelled "Daddy!" and ran for him. They all sandwiched him in hugs. His coworkers were so impressed. All I could say is, "My boys love their Daddy!" They always respond with an excited hug. Nathan is such a great Daddy. We enjoyed a pizza lunch and frozen yogurt for dessert. The kids had fun on the train ride home, but wished Daddy could ride home with us.
On Saturday a few boys at our house, including Nathan, needed haircuts. Nathan let Liam and Daniel cut most of his hair for him. They thought it was so fun. It was pretty funny to watch.

On Father's Day, we got up early and made Nathan breakfast in bed. The boys couldn't wait to give Nathan their rocks and frames for his office. Nathan loved them. I kept teasing Nathan that he'd ruined my traditional Father's Day gift because every two years I've given him a new framed baby footprint. No baby footprint this year so I gave Nathan an IPOD. It was a really big gift for Father's Day, but the best part was that it was a complete surprise. Nathan always seems to know what he's getting. I think Nathan will really enjoy it. We are always 5 or 6 years behind the technology, so I guess it's about time that we got an IPOD. Caleb helped me make bread for our Father's Day dinner. He loves stirring. He was mad when I moved the bowl so the dough would have a chance to rise. What a cute chef. Nathan, I love you. You are the best Daddy our boys could ask for. I love that you love to play with your boys. I love that you take us to the swimming pool to play after a long day at work. I love that you play ball with us. It is so fun to hear you laugh together. We all agree, "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home." Thanks for all you do.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I guess that makes us the last people on the earth to not have an iPod. ;)

kristin said...

So cute Michelle!!! And I don't have an ipod either:)