Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Liam's Kindergarten Requirements

This morning I went to register Liam for kindergarten. Wow! It's a little strange to think that Liam is old enough for school. Anyway, as I filled out the paperwork I found myself writing William over and over again. Liam's full name is William, but we've never called him that. (We don't even use it when we use his 'whole name' to 'add emphsis'.) At the doctor's office it always takes me a second when they call for William and I realize that that is Liam. I found myself wondering if Liam even remembered that his first name is William. So I asked him if he knew his first name. He said, "Liam", so I told him that he needs to learn his name before kindergarten so he'll know if the teacher calls William. The principal walked by at that moment and started laughing. I guess it is kind of funny to think that I'm worried about teaching my son his first name before he starts kindergarten--I mean most people worry about teaching letters and numbers! I guess knowing your first name should be a kindergarten requirement.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's cute. The things we forget when we're just at home.