Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stay for a Spell

A few weeks ago I found a Harry Potter magic wand that I'd gotten in a book order when I taught school. I gave it to Caleb and he's been casting lots of spells ever since.

One night, I asked him to take out his dirty diaper (the garbage is just outside the back door in the garage). I didn't hear the door open so I came to see if I could help. Caleb was standing there with the diaper in one hand and his magic wand in the other. He was saying, "alowah homora" (who knows how to spell it?). That is the spell Hermione uses to open locked doors. The door was locked! So I unlocked it. Caleb ignored me and acted like his spell had done the trick! So funny.

One of Caleb's favorite favorite spells is "expecto patronum". Just lately he also likes Ron's "eat slugs" spell. (He especially likes it when we pretend to spit up slugs.) But the other night he really surprised us when he pointed his wand at Liam's nose and said, "Eww...Troll Boogies!" We all broke out laughing. I think his brothers are responsible for teaching him many of the spells, but it sure is cute coming out of a two-year-old's mouth!

3 comments:

kristin said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you didn't get out a game when we visited. I was too tired to concentrate. I wanted to just chat, so you were a great hostess as you were able to read my mind. Thanks for the tips about the huge, huge learning to eat messes.

Kim said...

So funny! I love reading the posts of the things your boys say and do. They always make me smile.