Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Teaching Moments For Mom

I am always amazed when kids teach and reteach me. A few weeks ago I was helping out in Liam's kindergarten class. We were talking about our senses. After we'd gone through all of them, one little boy said, "There's one more." So I asked him what I'd missed. He said, "Well, there's the one that makes us feel good inside and helps us. But really it's the Holy Ghost." I loved that it. It is so fun to be surrounded by kids in the gospel. They know more than any text book--and what they know is most important. So my new goal is to allow the Holy Ghost into my life in such a way that He can be as accessible as any of my other senses.

A few days ago I was signing some papers for the bank (a little progress toward getting our new house in Layton). As a result I was just a few minutes late in picking up Daniel from school. I apologized and explained what made me late. Daniel just looked up at me and said, "Mom, we've just got to have more faith, like the Nephites who were waiting for baby Jesus to be born." I could have cried! He went on, "We'll get the house or if we have faith Heavenly Father will show us another one." I so often become impatient with our housing situation and Daniel so sweetly reminded me that, "through Him all things are possible." I'm so blessed to have angels round about me (remind me that I called them that next time they start fighting).

2 comments:

Kim said...

So sweet.

Troy and Rach said...

Out of the mouth of babes. Good luck with your house. I'd love to send you a Christmas card. Send me your address at itsthebaileys@hotmail.com.