Saturday, September 20, 2008

My latest projects

The past 10 days my mom has been out to visit, which is great--because life's been pretty hectic. To add to the craziness, we decided to work on a few 'projects' (as if I don't have enough to do!). It was fun and exciting anyway. Here's a glimpse of what we did.
We 'refaced' our fireplace. With the help of my mom and the input from my little sister for colors, we painted the mantle black, along with spray painting the brass fireplace surround with a black enamel. Andrea also decided we needed to change the color palette in our front room a while back... so we changed from the pale greens to a warmer goldy tone (colors she had put in her husband's study). Then she suggested we change the white brick around the fireplace to 'sandy cove' the lighter of the two goldy shades we put on the wall. The result was great. Have a look.

As you can see, we also got the Halloween decorations out. The boys are always so excited to decorate for the holidays. When it's time to put the decorations away, they are always quick to ask what the next holiday is and how soon we get to decorate for it.

Some of the "fruits" of my labors aren't pictured here... ie. 100 jars of jelly + 36 jars of strawberry jam! --I know, I'm crazy! :)

No comments: