Saturday, August 15, 2009

Liam, Liam, Liam--Human Pinball


Liam is such a fun kiddo. But he doesn't watch where he is going. He is always more interested in something else to worry about the wall he's walking into or the step he's missing. It seems like he always has an injury from the last spill he took. I feel quite blessed that he hasn't broken anything or had any injury that required stitches (knock on wood). He seems to be a human pinball, always bouncing off everything just long enough to get whacked by something else. His toes and knees are nearly always skinned or scabbed. Unfortunately his head also takes quite a beating. We were looking at toddler pictures of him and Liam was pointing out to us all of his head injuries in the pictures. Yikes. Thursday after walking Daniel home from school we all decided to cool off with a Popsicle. Liam decided to climb on his bike up to the freezer in the garage to 'help' me get them. You guessed it...the bike moved and Liam fell down and whacked his forehead on a chair leg and the cement floor. It got huge fast and it bled a little. At the end of the day there was still a bump the size of the teaspoon on his head. The picture I took is from 3 days later and it is still a huge bump. It looks like he's growing a unicorn horn. Liam does fall down a lot, but he is pretty tough. He doesn't worry about his owies for long.
One of my favorite things about Liam is his contagious laugh. He is so much fun to tickle. I don't even have to touch him, if he sees my tickling hand approaching he can't help but giggle. If I need to smile all I have to do is tickle Liam.


I need to give Liam a haircut--I still want his curls but his 'bed head' is out of control. On Wednesday I took some pictures, because I couldn't resist his crazy curls. He should be on a commercial for shampoo with volume. (I only wish I had half that volume! Half might be OK for Liam too.) ;)



Liam still loves his winter jammies and mittens
and hats--he sweats relentlessly--but even in 104 degree weather he begs for them. Maybe it has something to do with all of those head injuries. He fell asleep on the couch in his monkey jammies with his train in hand and I just had to take the picture. Comfy?



Liam loves his brothers. He smothers Caleb with hugs and kisses all day long. When Daniel went to school this week he said, "Daniel, I will miss you." And he does, although he doesn't mind a little time to himself with the trains and other toys. He has told me that he wants to go to school too. I am excited to start teaching him preschool in September.

1 comment:

Andrea G. said...

OUCH!! I swear it's a miracle they survive childhood... and then it gets even scarier when they become teenagers and do all sorts of crazy stuff on purpose!! I hope Liam's goose egg goes away soon. Give him kisses for us.
Oh! and Gotta LOVE that HAIR!! :)