Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not Cut Out to be Rock Stars!

This week was a week of haircuts for our family. I gave all three boys their haircuts early on in the week. Although, he's improved a lot, Daniel still hates haircuts. He must have been having a bad day, because it took forever to calm him down about it. Finally, he said, "I want to be a rock star!" A strange thing to yell out when you're trying to avoid the scissors. So I asked him why. He explained that rock stars didn't have to get haircuts, they grow their hair out long. --I owe this moment to many of Nathan's CDs (Bon Jovi, Dokken, Ratt, Night Ranger, Poison... no wonder!). A glimpse of any of those old CD covers is hilarious, not only the hair but more makeup than I wear. So now my son aspires to be a rock star. Funny, the motivations of kids! Maybe I should take advantage of his frame of mind to introduce him to an instrument.

Nathan and I also got haircuts. Mine is cut short right to my jaw line. I like the change--Nathan prefers mine long though. Don't worry, Nathan, it seems to grow out long before I get back in to get it redone. I guess none of us is 'cut' out to be a rock star!

1 comment:

erin said...

That's hilarious!! Maybe he can be a Rock Band Rock Star!
And Chad loves short hair, so I miss my long hair. Silly husbands of ours!