Friday, February 5, 2010

Sunshine in the Soul


Today was Daniel's 100th day of school party (I think the actual 100th day was last week). I had fun going in to help with some of the festivities. Daniel made us some matching 100 glasses and I think we both look spectacular in them. I totally scared Caleb, at first, when I came up to him with them on. Then he kept coming back close to me giggling nervously and when I'd reach out to him he'd collapse giggling and trying to hide and get away from me.

Once we got home we decided to take advantage of the break in the clouds and rain to go outside for a picnic of sandwiches and homemade smoothies. (I love freezing leftover fruit salad for smoothies!) We played in the front yard and ate some leftover snacks from school.

While we were outside the boys noticed each time the clouds covered up the sun. They yelled to the sun to come back out. I told Daniel to smile and ask the sun nicely. Sure enough, after a big Daniel smile, it appeared. I'm not surprised, my boys' smiles make everything warmer and brighter.

We watched a jet fly through the clouds and Daniel said he wished he could go through the clouds too. I told him he could if wanted to become a pilot. He answered that he would become a Japanese pilot and shoot down all the bad guys. What a crack up! Evidently, Daniel picks up a lot from the old plane and war shows on the history channel that Nathan loves to watch! Like father like son.

Caleb played ball in the front yard, played with the phone (sorry if he pranked you), and took advantage of Daniel's extra snacks. Liam made me a "cake" with mud, using a stick to spread it on a board. Delicious!
They are such sillies. This past week Liam has been talking about Chicken Little, but he can't get the name right. It always comes out Chicken Noodle. Those little moments are sunshine in my soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Love the glasses, you both look "mavalous darling"