Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a Lucky 32 Year-Old I Am


On my birthday, Feb. 10th, I woke up to Nathan making breakfast with the boys. He also had beautiful flowers waiting for me, a funny card, and the boys were working on pictures for me. Wow!
It was a Wednesday, my day to work in Daniel's classroom, so we hurried out the door. When I got there, Mrs. Oxford got me busy working on a project in the office. When I got back some of the kids in Daniel's class wished me a Happy Birthday, so I knew that Daniel had told on me. When the afternoon group arrived they all stopped to sing Happy Birthday to me (all planned while I was out of the room). To top it all off, Nathan had brought cupcakes (the night before) to my dear friend, Laura's house so she could bring them to the class. It was really fun. I am so spoiled. All of the moms and teachers were so impressed. I told them that I'd already had breakfast and flowers--Wow! Then I told them about our tradition of making cakes. They were amazed! I am totally lucky. Nathan is so sweet and thoughtful.

When I got home I found 3 balloons tied to the fence and swing for me. I still don't know who they're from. Thank you. Laura also came over with a yummy lunch to celebrate with me. She even brought frosted animal cookies for the boys. She is such a great friend. Later, Jean, from across the street brought over a vase of beautiful red tulips, my favorite, along with cupcakes.

The next week, Nathan arranged for a babysitter, and we went out with some close friends from Natomas (where we lived pre-kids)to celebrate. The Fitzhughs are great people and we had already set up another dinner date before we finished eating. I have been so blessed to know such amazing people.

We waited on the cake for a while because we had a lot of busy evenings, but in the end it was totally cute. The boys chose to make me a dolly cake (like the doll Daniel got me for Christmas). Nathan did the cutting out and the boys helped with mixing frosting and decorating the dress with 'jewels' (M&Ms). I almost hated to cut into it, with all of the work they'd just put into her. But it was delicious.

I think I got more attention from this birthday, than the last 5 put together. I really am lucky to be surrounded by loving family and friends. I am especially lucky to have a husband who worked so hard to make it the best ever. I love you Nathan, more and more. Thanks for all of your surprising ways of showing me your continued love.

5 comments:

Petersen Party of 7 said...

Happy Birthday. I'm glad it was a good one.

Kristina said...

People treat you so well on your birthday because you are such a special, sweet person! Really, I'm not suprised at all the stuff everyone did for you. ;) I'm glad you had such a nice birthday!

kristin said...

That's so sweet!! You deserve to feel special, especially on your birthday. You are an amazing woman Michelle!

akagi79 said...

What wonderful men you have at your house!! So glad you had a great birthday!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! What a great day for you. Love the cake and that they gave you a doll for Christmas, what sweethearts!