Sunday, April 18, 2010

Liam, My Sweet Sunbeam

Today, Liam had his first experience talking in Primary. It wasn't a full blown talk, just the 6th Article of Faith, but he did such a cute job. On Monday we tried to learn the song for our Family Home Evening. The boys did well, but Nathan and I wondered how much they'd remember the next day. The following evening we tried to sing it a few times with the boys and Liam said, "Just let me sing it!" We agreed and he sang it perfectly, except for leaving out the word "pastors". I guess he got his memory from Nathan's side (because I have none). By the 3rd day he had it nearly perfectly. Each day we sang it. Today he stood up and without anyone's prompting, he recited it perfectly. I honestly didn't know a Sunbeam was capable of it. There are a lot of big words in there: "We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely: apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth." He half sang it and it was really cute. I am so proud of him.

Obviously, this is not a picture of Liam in primary. Actually this was a week or two ago, after church. We decided to go to the park and Liam decided he was fishing for crocodiles. (He told me he caught one---then held up his stick with a bunch of grass stuck on the end.)

5 comments:

joylyn said...

He did such a great job! I am so impressed. He is such a smart and handsome little man.

kristin said...

What a cute little surfer boy! That's how I think of Liam and his awesome hair:) You guys really are fantastic parents! On a completely different note, I was saying to Doug just yesterday actually, that we needed to have you guys over for dinner. I just need to pick a date! I will be out of town this next week, but maybe we could get together the following weekend???

erin said...

I'm so glad I got to hear him do that! It was the sweetest thing and reminded me that Bri could probably do more if I taught her!!!! I loved his sing songy Article of Faith!

akagi79 said...

What smart boys you have! And super cute too!! Every time Paige recites the 6th Article of Faith she says "pastures" insted of pastors! It makes us giggle!!!

Cristi Lou said...

That's so impressive that he could get up and do that...such cute pictures of your kids!