Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Mother's Day

I am so spoiled. This Mother's Day was so nice. Nathan took me shopping for a new dress. JC Penny was having a huge sale and we found 3 dresses on clearance. I was trying to decide which one to get and Nathan told me I should get all three! They were a great deal and I can't remember the last time I bought a new dress. Shopping for dresses that are modest, cute, fit right, and are the right price is near impossible.


Nathan brought me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day! He tried to wake up all of the boys to help. As usual, Daniel had a hard time getting up--at least until he suddenly remembered the flower he had been hiding for me. Then he jumped right up and ran out of the room, "Just a minute, I'll be right back..." He ran back into the room with a pretty pink flower growing in a pot he had decorated at school just for me. It was so cute. Daniel and Liam both made me necklaces to wear too.


I felt pretty good at church in my new dress and necklaces. At church they had all of the primary workers go to Relief Society while the men taught.
That evening Nathan made yummy lemom-pepper salmon for dinner. I think salmon is my new favorite food. (It might have even surpassed spaghetti.) Maybe my love for salmon may have something to do with the fact that I don't cook it. (That's always Nathan's grilling job. I also order it a lot when we go out.)
I love being a mom! It's no wonder, with my boys and my sweet husband.






No comments: