Thursday, October 7, 2010

Funny Stuff

Tonight I gave the boys some cough medicine before bed. So Liam responds to me, "Mom, that medicine tastes like Caleb's boogers!" I don't want to know how he'd know that, and I don't know, so I can't tell him he's wrong...but after a long day and a big headache, he got me smiling and laughing! Only Liam. Gross.

Tonight in Caleb's prayers he said he was thankful for "no jellybeans...nose". Actually, it's not the first time he's included this in his prayers, but it always makes me smile. I too am thankful that he doesn't have a jellybean stuck up his nose--believe me, we've been there and done that and it is no good. I just don't always remember to include that on my thankful list. I think I may start our traditional Thanksgiving thankful list early tonight and start it out with, "no jellybeans up Caleb's nose"--Or anyone's for that matter.

We climbed into the car after a friend's birthday party and tried to get everyone buckled up. Liam couldn't buckle because he was holding the string of a balloon and he was afraid to let go. As I helped Liam, Daniel held the string of his balloon in his mouth while he buckled. Apparently, Daniel was quite proud of himself. "I'm a genius! I'm brilliant!" he exclaimed. "And humble too," I replied. "What's humble?" Daniel asked. "My point exactly," I said.

Between sessions of General Conference last week, the boys and I took some treats around to a few of our neighbors. While we were at Brad and GG's the boys also performed their primary program parts and sang the song, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me" for them. It was all very sweet. Brad then asked me if we'd already gotten home from church. I explained a little about General Conference, but I guess he didn't hear me very well. His response was, "Oh, so when you don't feel like going to church you can just watch it from home??!! That's great!" I reexplained the 'twice a year our prophet speaks to us' bit and he didn't seem as impressed. I have to admit I love having church from the comfort of my living room in my PJs.

At another one of our sweet neighbor's houses we started talking about church and they asked where we attended. I told them the street name but they asked if I'd been to the cathedral in Folsom. I was confused and said no, but it became apparent as we continued the conversation that they meant the Temple in Folsom. I knew that only one of them had gone to the open house a few years ago, so I attempted to explain that yes I've been, but that we don't go there for our weekly worship services. I tried to tell them that it is where we have weddings, and make and renew our covenants with God. Since I couldn't take them through and show them around the inside now that it is dedicated, I explained that we have to have an interview with our Bishop and get a recommend to go inside. My sweet neighbor turned to her husband and back to me and said, "We would be happy to give you a reference if you need one." --What a golden line. I was busting up inside. I explained that the interview is to ask if we are honestly striving to keep the commandments. I could hardly wait to get home to tell Nathan about it. Since then I've thought more about it. I wonder if all of my fellowmen would give me such a kind recommendation-not likely. I guess it's something to strive for. But of course in the end the only recommendation that matters is our Savior's.

3 comments:

Troy and Rach said...

Such cute stories and boys. You know that I would give you a recommendation also. You have to know that I always think of you when I put my envelope in my knee highs. That was a choice time serving with you. I look back on those days with a lot of fondness.

akagi79 said...

Oh my! I'm laughing so hard!! What CUTE boys you have!!! I too would give you a "recommendation" ! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! It made my day!! I'd take you as a neighbor any day!!!!

Kim said...

Those are great! Thanks for making me laugh today.