Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Charade

Daniel came home from school sick on Friday, so sick infact that after certain unfortunate events, I spent the rest of my Friday steam cleaning the carpet and rug in the front room. (Enough said??) He seemed ok after that, but he had some asthma at night which seemed to produce a bit of a cough. Sunday when he woke up he was coughing up a storm, so I told Nathan that he should stay home with Daniel. I left for church with the healthy kids...So you can imagine my surprise when I saw Nathan and Daniel an hour or so later at church. I told Nathan that I didn't think Daniel should be coughing around the other kids. He told me he wouldn't. In fact he said that Daniel had watched me leave through the window blinds. Then as soon as I had gotten down the street, he turned around and said, "I tricked her!" Nathan asked him what he was talking about and Daniel told him that he'd faked a cough to 'tease' us. Nathan asked why he wanted to stay home. Daniel said he wanted the family to stay home and watch "Sunday" movies instead of church today. (We watch the Living Scriptures movies on Sundays.) I guess he really liked General Conference last week. Nathan wanted to be sure that Daniel didn't have a cough so he kept him home for a 1/2 hour or so. There was no cough so he made him get ready and go to church anyway. I guess I should just be grateful that he wanted to watch scripture movies--but I can't help but wonder what he'll come up with when he's a teenager, if he's already faking sick at 6-years-old! Honestly, I think that Daniel didn't want to miss out on Primary, or he wouldn't have told us. What ever the case--I guess we're in for it with this one. Yikes!

2 comments:

mandie said...

I totally faked sick to stay home from school (about 8 yr old) and watch the Dating Game. Weird. At least he still wanted to have church at home....

Kim said...

that is too funny. I can just imagine the shock. :)