Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All Access Pass



The other day while Daniel and Liam rode bikes on the driveway I decided to put Caleb down on the grass and trim our rose bushes. Caleb loves his new found freedom in crawling and pulling himself up on things. When we put him down he gets all excited and grins and giggles like he just got an all access pass. Unfortunately, in his exploration, he often finds things that we were totally oblivious to. So when I turned around from the rose bushes and saw him chewing on something, I had no idea what it would be. I quickly did a finger-scoop of his mouth and pulled out something round and hard. I thought it was a rock at first, but then recognized it as a medium size garden snail shell. (Me: Scream, Toss, "Eww, Eww, Eww!) There was no snail inside when I reached it and I can only hope he had been long gone before Caleb got the munchies. This is the second time Caleb has tried fresh Es Cargo. They say you should expose your children to many foods so they will be open to all kinds. I guess I'm a spectacular mother because he's also recently tried bark, rocks, dirt clods, leaves, grass, and (my favorite) toilet water (I'm not sure if he was thirsty or just wanted a good water fight.). Then again maybe it has all started to get to him because this morning he washed his own mouth out with soap using his brothers' tearless shampoo. I think the shampoo was the most disagreeable to him. Everything else he would have taken seconds on. FYI tearless applies only to use near the eyes not in the mouth.

1 comment:

Andrea G. said...

Poor Caleb. You mean to say that the name (ie. strawberry/grape)on the tearless shampoo bottle isn't the flavor?

Has he made friends with any of the squirrels in the backyard?

He is growing so fast I had to look twice at the top picture!!