Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Truly Happy Mother's Day


On Mother's Day, Nathan continued the tradition of spoiling me with yummy breakfast prepared by him with some help from our boys (while I slept in). We shared the morning with one of the world's greatest moms. (I love you, Mom!) It was great having my mom and dad here for the weekend, although it wasn't nearly long enough. Nathan and Grandpa spent part of the morning setting up a new table and chairs for the kitchen. A great Mother's Day gift!
I feel so blessed to have such great examples of what a mom should be. I hope I can learn from the best and teach my boys as well as my mom did. I am also blessed to have a wonderful mom-in-law. I am so lucky to feel comfortable calling her "Mom" too. She had 4 boys and so she welcomed me into the family 10+ years ago, grateful for a daughter. I think she also laughs as she remembers her 4 little boys when I share crazy stories about our boys.

Mother's Day is a great day to appreciate those who call me mom. I love all my boys. They are so sweet and forgiving of me. Daniel called me a genius last week. Liam walks over to me a few times a day and says, "I love you, Mom!" Sometimes on days that I'm not cleaned up he tells me I'm beautiful. Caleb snuggles into my arms and clings on like a little spider-monkey. They all make "Mom" a special word. It is true we all have our days, this mom included. But their love makes it all worthwhile. I can't imagine life without them.

6 comments:

Lonna said...

I have to agree with you, you really do have one of the best mom's ever!

Kimberly said...

Look at you you little blogger! I love all your posts. It is so fun that your dad has these fun projects for the boys. How priceless a gift. You are doing really good about documentation of Liam. Love the faces.

Petersen Party of 7 said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's day. Your boys are such cuties. I totally remember when we went shopping together at the Carters outlet when we were both pregnant (you with Daniel and me with Kate). It just doesn't seem that long ago.

Kim said...

Hi Michelle!
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, it's been so nice to receive such uplifting responses to it.
I'm so excited to keep up with you and your cute family now! Your boys are adorable, and you look amazing (as usual) :)
Your kitchen looks great, I love that cut out an area in between your kitchen and living room, it looks really nice.
Can't wait to see more of the Brady Bunch! :)

kristin said...

Nice to see you bloggin! Looks like you've figured it out:)
If you're wondering how I got your ip I have a blog patrol. It lets me know who views my blog without having to go private.
Still love my Liam! The boys can't wait to see Daniel and Liam at the party! Are you manic yet? Gosh how I hate planning birthday parties.

Coppin Crew said...

Hi Michelle,
I'm just getting around to catching up with the blogging and was happy to see you've been doing the same. It's so fun to see your cute family. Your boys are adorable and I can't believe Daniel is old enough for kindergarten already. You're a cute mother and do many fun things with your kids.
Tara