Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shortcuts for Mommy

Caleb was so cute this Halloween and we can't wait to unpack the decorations and get him out again next year! Some days this sounds like a great idea to moms, but truthfully I think this little stinker is too adorable to miss even a moment (even the difficult ones). Caleb had so much fun packing up the Halloween decorations with me this week. He climbed right into one of the boxes and kept making train noises (wooo woooo!). His vocabulary is growing every day. We love to hear the new words he's using. He's really good at "spash-spash"=bath, "mine" =mom, "Daddy" (very clear), "Danol" =Daniel (I think he also uses it for Liam sometimes), ball (everything is a ball right now--he throws pumpkins, diaper cream containers, grapes, basically anything within his reach), "than' oo" =thank you (he melted our neighbor's heart when he said thank you without any prompting when she brought him a cookie), "Whee" =slide, "beby" =baby, "no" (of course it is crystal clear). There are more every day. Last night I was putting on Caleb's PJs, which he hates, and I swear he yelled "Daddy Help!"

A great timesaver for moms is to wash the kid in the clothes. This way both get clean and you don't waste time re-dressing them. ---OK, so I that isn't exactly what happened. Actually, on Sunday we threw all three of the boys in the bath (undressed). I took Caleb out and got him dressed while Liam and Daniel stayed in a while longer. Then I took out Liam and dressed him and finally, Daniel had his turn. While I was dressing Daniel, Caleb decided to extend his bath time and climbed back in. It was pretty funny. Luckily, we found another Sunday outfit and got Caleb dressed again, in time for church.

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a cutie! I'm glad you could laugh at the clothed boy in the tub. We're always running on Sunday morning, and I probably would have had a breakdown. ;)

akagi79 said...

He is so cute! All your boys are so cute! I love when they start to really talk! How fun! I sure do miss those days!

Sara said...

That is too funny, only because it is your child and not mine! I think I would have cried!

adamemilybowman said...

What we usually do is start draining the bathtub. It acts as a timer so when it is finished Landon knows he needs to get out. Also it saves me the hassle of Addison climbing in the water too!