Sunday, January 31, 2010

Caleb's Dingle-hopper and Other Caleb Conundrums


It's been a while since I've watched The Little Mermaid (my boys think it's just for girls), but Caleb picked up his fork during dinner a few nights ago (with food on it still) and started combing his hair with it--just like the dingle-hopper on the Little Mermaid. Very gross, but if he could comb it just right, it would stay a long time...once the food dried. I hope he doesn't do it at every meal, but it was good for a laugh or two.
Caleb is such a character! Here are a few more pics of all he's been up to:Caleb loves to vaccuum. This is definitely something I will encourage. He throws a fit when the vaccuum gets put away!I couldn't resist...What a cute 'bum-pkin'. All of my boys have tried climbing into the dryer. Lately, Caleb climbs in when I'm changing the batches. I guess they love any space that they fit into that their parents don't. Caleb and Liam are my chefs. They fight tooth and nail to stir or add ingredients. I hope they continue their interest in this area so that I might hand off this job some day. ( A mom can dream can't she?) Caleb wants to do everything he sees his brothers do. He won't sit in a booster seat and he doesn't want his food cut up. He wants to be a full fledged big boy like his two big brothers. Caleb loves to jump. He jumps on the couch, in the bath, or even jumps up in the air and lands on his bottom on the floor--ouch. He thinks it is great. Hopefully, no permanent damage. This picture looked to me like one at a studio with a backdrop, but really Caleb was sitting on one of our black kitchen chairs. What a handsome boy!Caleb loves his brothers and his brothers' stuff. He puts on Daniel's Star Wars helmet and tries to walk around, but sometimes it tips him over. I love the little legs under the huge head. Caleb is adorable which is a good thing, because lately he's learned to throw tempertantrums (during which he likes to throw things and hit things). Yikes. I guess we'll start timeouts.

Caleb looked so cute in the new outfit that Grandma Brady got him for Christmas! He hates getting dressed or undressed--unless the bath water is running, then he can't get undressed fast enough. He still loves drumming, playing the piano, playing trains, going outside, trying on everyone's shoes, and just recently taking pictures (and erasing them) with Liam's camera. We love you Caleb!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a cutie. I haven't let Mason help me cook or bake yet. He is kinda wild. Caleb looks like such an angel. Are looks deceiving?! ;) Mason has been hitting and throwing things for quite a while, so let me know what ends up working for Caleb will ya?! Timeouts don't do a thing yet for Mason.

Andrea G. said...

I love it! Caleb is such a cutie. You are such a wonderful mom to stay on top of all Caleb's happenings and spotlight him with so much going on with your other boys too. He looks a bit like Daniel in the Dryer picture... and reminds me of you in his 'bum-kin' picture--- from when you were little of course! ha,ha.

kristin said...

How cute is he getting!! You're an amazing mom Michelle! Oh, and love your new bathroom vanity. Super cute!

Kim said...

What a cute little boy. Sounds like there is never a dull moment at your house. I am with you on encouraging the cooking and cleaning, we moms need all the help we can get, and hopefully a few days off one day. ;)