Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boxloads Of Fun

A week or so before Christmas a few boxes arrived from Grandparents. After the initial excitement of unloading the gifts under the tree, the boys put their imaginations into high gear and the fun began. Some times they were Choo Choo Trains...
They were completely covered with crayon and markers...
Caleb wasn't about to be left behind! When he didn't fit into the other box with Daniel and Liam, we had to find him his very own to decorate...
The boys showed me all of the buttons they made to make their spaceship go slow, fast, and super fast. They also showed me the controls for their boat and all of the ocean life they drew on it.
They had so much fun, I considered taking back all of the presents and replacing them with more boxes.
It always amazes me that even in this technological age, my kids attention can be filled longer by something as simple and timeless as a cardboard box.

1 comment:

Kim said...

My kids love boxes too. It is amazing what they can come up with.