Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a Zoo!


This week Liam's preschool group went to the Folsom Zoo. It is just the right size for our little ones' attention spans. They got quite a show from the tigers, bears, and "BYU cougars", (Our boys don't know cougars without the BYU prefix.) who were all out running around. Last time Liam told me that the chickens were his favorite, but this time it was the bears. And this time, I'd totally have to agree. One bear was lounging all over a great big rock. It made me sleepy just looking at him. Another was out wandering around, looking like he'd just woken up. (Or maybe this is one tired Mom just self-projecting on the animals!) It was fun to be there with Liam and the girls from his preschool class. I love finding an excuse to put the house on hold long enough to sit back and enjoy Liam's smiles and laughs. His giggles are contagious.
A little side note: Today at church the primary was a bit of a zoo. Liam has been asking if we can sing Scripture Power for the past two weeks-his new primary favorite. (Every night he comes out of his room to tell us when Scripture Power starts on his CD.) So I promised that we'd sing it today. He gets so excited. He literally jumps up, holding his scriptures. Today he was giggling along with it. He had the time of his life! That is how everyone should feel about primary. It put a huge smile on my face to hear and see him, so overjoyed by the song. I feel so lucky to be in primary with all of the kids, but especially with two of my very own.
Funny Liam: Tonight Liam saw Daniel's owie that we had put a bandaid on, but additionally, we had used tape to help it stick (on his palm). Liam kept insisting to us, "I want an owie, I want an owie!" I don't think he's a massochist, but he does like bandaids and bandages.

2 comments:

joylyn said...

You are the best primary chorister, and I loved Liam's giggles too. Those kids are so cute!

Andrea G. said...

I love the part about the 'BYU Cougars'. You're raising your boys right :). ha, ha. Jonas likes having a piece of tape on his hand sometimes-- he thinks it's like a bandaid or a sticker :)