Sunday, January 31, 2010

Redecorating the Kids' Bathroom





Actually, I could have titled this post 'Avoiding Housework', because honestly, that was perhaps my biggest motivation for it. But I've wanted to tear out the nasty orangish, peeling, vanity in the kids' bathroom since we moved in (coming up on 6 years ago). Instead, I settled for sanding down and repainting it black last week. I was really happy with how it turned out, although I'd still love to replace the sink. I also added a series of baby Caleb bath pictures (framed in black). And the words Splish Splash above the series of baby Daniel and Liam bath pictures. It's not perfect, but definitely an improvement. I think I might paint the outside of the frames of Daniel and Liam's pics black to tie them in...or I might possibly catch up the laundry!

4 comments:

joylyn said...

Very well done. It turned out so cute!

Andrea G. said...

Seriously, I try to avoid getting started on lots of things, because I know it means nothing else will get done. It looks great though and I'm glad Caleb's picture got added to the wall of fame!

Kim said...

You did a great job! I love that you have your kids bath pictures in the bathroom, I think I'm gonna steal that idea. I never know what to put in there, and that is a fantastic idea, I love it!!

akagi79 said...

Looks GREAT!!