Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas Eve, Where the Wild Things Are!




One of our Christmas Eve traditions is getting new pajamas. It is a fun way to anticipate Christmas day, and makes getting ready for bed on such an exciting night fun. This year Daniel got Star Wars pjs, Liam Transformers, and Caleb dinosaur pjs complete with footies (my fav). Once we got the boys into their jammies, the excitement of Christmas set them off. They all started dancing around the living room. It looked very similar to the "Wild Rumpus" in Where the Wild Things Are. I love my Wild Things.

We also finished our month of scripture stories and pictures about Christ. It is so neat to ask the boys about the pictures in the hall and hear all ab0ut them. I'm continually amazed at how much kids pick up on, even when we don't think they're really listening.

4 comments:

Cheralyn said...

I love your idea about the stories about Christ for a month. What a great idea! Your boys are such cuties, and getting so big!

Kim said...

How fun! You got some great pictures of those cute little wild things

Kristina said...

Your little guys really are so cute! Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog. :)

Andrea G. said...

I've heard of other people with the pajama tradition and always thought it sounded like fun... I really want to implement your tradition of the stories of Christ that you hang on the wall. Jonas should be old enough by next Christmas to grasp some of it. We always read a Christmas story and sing a Christmas song before bed, but I like the stories being on the Savior--it keeps the true meaning present.